Hawaii Extended Forecast Discussion NWS Weather Prediction Center College Park MD 710 AM EST Wed Nov 23 2016 Valid 00Z Thu Nov 24 2016 - 00Z Thu Dec 01 2016 Strong high pressure to the north of the region is forecast to meander in place and slowly weaken through the rest of the week, keeping trades elevated. Precipitable water values should remain near to below average which supports light to modest precipitation, especially in windward locations but also into the leeward side due to the stronger trades. By the weekend into next week, the ensembles show an upper low developing to the north of Hawai'i which may enhance precipitation. In addition, another upper low is forecast to develop to the east of Hawai'i (around 145W) with a third one around 175W-180. The 06Z GFS lies near the ensemble consensus by next Tue/Wed with respect to the farther west upper low while the 00Z Canadian/GFS were farther east near 160-165W which would bring wet weather to the western islands. Prefer a solution near the 06Z GFS by next week as the ensembles seem to favor the upper low positions away from Hawai'i though the east-west spread is significant. Fracasso