Hawaii Extended Forecast Discussion NWS Weather Prediction Center College Park MD 813 AM EDT Sun Mar 11 2018 Valid 00Z Mon Mar 12 2018 - 00Z Mon Mar 19 2018 ...Heavy rain likely midweek... A 1032mb high just east of the Dateline will keep trades brisk for the next few days with scattered windward showers. To the southwest of Hawai'i, sharpening mid-level energy and an associated weak surface low or inverted trough should lift northeastward just west of or near Hawai'i. The GFS (farther east) and ECMWF (farther west) still result in a surge of moisture and precipitation for at least the central/eastern islands (~Molokai eastward) thought the GFS amounts were 2-3 times higher than the ECMWF. With precipitable water values rising to about 1.75 inches but perhaps nearing 2 inches (which is about +2 to +4 standard deviations) moderate to heavy rainfall is likely for at least part of the region Tue-Fri. By the weekend, models/ensembles show another upper trough or closed low near 25N/180 which should allow heights over Hawai'i to rise, helping to diminish the heavy rain threat as it shifts northwestward. Southeast to southerly flow will persist next weekend with scattered showers as precipitable water values slowly fall to under 1.5 inches. The ECMWF ensemble mean was more amplified than the GEFS upstream again, and was the preferred solution with support from the deterministic ECMWF/GFS. Fracasso