Hawaii Extended Forecast Discussion NWS Weather Prediction Center College Park MD 820 AM EDT Wed Aug 27 2014 Valid 00Z Thu Aug 28 2014 - 00Z Thu Sep 04 2014 27/00Z ECENS and ECMWF deterministic cycle appeared to maintain the better continuity through the weekend and into next week (day 5-6). With a few exceptions aside--the ECENS/ECMWF was preferred with the progression and structure of the mid- and upper-level flow across much of the Pacific--including Hawai'i. Believe its depicted of the Subtropical Ridge from west to east seemed more realistic versus the 27/00Z GFS/GEFS--which continues to have a fast bias over several key locations in the mid-latitude Pacific and CONUS. The deterministic ECMWF seemed to have a better handle on the tropical moisture located invof the ITCZ and with the progression of remnant tropical dynamics/energy associated with 'Lowell' and 'Marie' in the southeast Pacific (between Mexico and Hawai'i). Do recommend a blend of the 26/12Z & 27/00Z ECENS to handle the day 5 through day 7 period--mainly for differences in the north central Pacific and downstream. Both locations have some impact in the latter half of the medium range period with reorganization of the Subtropical Ridge between California and Hawai'i. Vojtesak