Hawaii Extended Forecast Discussion NWS Weather Prediction Center College Park MD 806 AM EDT Sun Jul 23 2017 Valid 00Z Mon Jul 24 2017 - 00Z Mon Jul 31 2017 The remnant low from Tropical Storm Fernanda, currently about 300 miles east of Hawai'i per latest satellite imagery, is forecast to continue weakening into a surface trough as it moves generally westward. The system is forecast to pass just north of Hawai'i today into early Monday. A brief disruption to the easterly trades is expected as the system passes by, but the trades should quickly resume in its wake. An increase in precipitable water values ahead of the system may also increase shower activity, although the core of deeper moisture associated with the system is forecast by both the GFS and the ECMWF to remain north of the Islands. Otherwise, an expansive ridge of high pressure is forecast by all guidance to remain anchored well northeast of Hawai'i through Thursday, which should keep 10-20 kt surface easterlies prevalent across the Islands with the typical associated shower activity. By late in the week, the ridge break down somewhat as an upper trough amplifies across the north central Pacific. This will drive a cold front southward across the central Pacific, although the front is forecast by all guidance to remain well north of Hawai'i through next weekend. Tropical Storm Greg is forecast by NHC to continue on a generally westward to west-northwestward track through the next several days. Greg is forecast to become Post-Tropical by late Wednesday, still well east of Hawai'i. Models show some spread with respect to whether the remnant low from Greg will make it to Hawai'i before dissipating. There has been a general trend since this time yesterday on weakening the remnant low quicker. The ECMWF/GEM/GFS all now weaken the low to a trough by Sunday and turn it southwestward, away from Hawai'i. Ensembles have also trended toward weakening the remnant low more quickly, with only a handful of EC members bringing the remnant low to Hawai'i next weekend. Ryan