Hawaii Extended Forecast Discussion NWS Weather Prediction Center College Park MD 811 AM EDT Mon Jul 24 2017 Valid 00Z Tue Jul 25 2017 - 00Z Tue Aug 01 2017 The remnants of Tropical Storm Fernanda are passing just north of Hawai'i this morning per latest satellite imagery. The system is expected to continue its path westward, moving away from the western Islands by this evening. In the wake of the system, 10-20 kt easterly trades should quickly resume as strong high pressure is anchored over the north central Pacific. High pressure is forecast by all guidance to remain in place north of Hawai'i through the next week. Meanwhile, Tropical Storm Greg is forecast by the NHC to continue a gradual weakening as it moves west-northwestward before becoming post-tropical and making a west-southwestward turn by Wednesday night. Model spread has reduced compared to this time yesterday, and the majority of deterministic guidance now continue the remnant low on this west-southwestward track, keeping the system well south of Hawai'i - likely due to consensus on a somewhat stronger mid/upper level ridge persisting along 30 N in the eastern Pacific. The implications of this for Hawai'i will be 10-20 kt E-ENE low-level flow persisting into early next week, and perhaps a reduction in shower activity as drier air originating in the subtropical ridge is wrapped southward toward Greg's remnant circulation by Sunday. Ryan