Hawaii Extended Forecast Discussion NWS Weather Prediction Center College Park MD 655 AM EST Sun Nov 05 2017 Valid 00Z Mon Nov 06 2017 - 00Z Mon Nov 13 2017 Rex block pattern with an axis well west of Hawaii north to Alaska is forecast to propagate slowly westward through the next week, keeping the flow pattern across Hawai'i relatively stable. Upper ridging centered overhead is forecast by all guidance to slowly weaken through the week, although, weakly positive height anomalies are forecast by the ECMWF ensemble mean to remain in place across the Islands - likely an effect of the upstream area of strong negative height anomalies near 160-170E. At the surface a weakening high initially centered well northeast of Hawai'i will result in slightly weakening easterlies as the pressure gradient lessens, from 20 kt today to 10-15 kt by the middle of next week. This flow pattern will keep relatively low precipitable water values in place as guidance shows very dry air (PWs near or even less than 1 inch) originating in the northeastern Pacific advecting across Hawai'i. Therefore, expect showers to be generally focused along windward terrain, becoming a bit more sparse through the week. A trough forecast to amplify across the northeastern Pacific by early-mid next week will force the tail end of a cold front southward toward the Islands, although the model consensus is that the front should remain well north of the Islands through next weekend as it washes out. Ryan